Saturday, September 4, 2010

Why Do Things Have To Change?

When something works well, why is it human nature to go and change it (then complain that it doesn't work well anymore). Are we just looking for something to complain about?

I used to looove McDonald's chocolate milkshakes when I was younger. They used to have little icy chunks of goodness in them, and they tasted like dairy Heaven. But, about 15 years ago they changed the recipe, God knows why, and now they make them with something that coats your tongue like a layer of lacquer paint. It's gross. I've seen them poured out on parking lot asphalt and they still look like a "milkshake". They keep the consistency. Why? What have they added to make this pseudo dairy impersonator - plastic?

In the 15 or so years since they changed my beloved shake recipe, I have moved on to Dairy Queen's version. It's edible and I can count on it tasting the same no matter what Dairy Queen I go to.

But, I really miss my McDonald's shakes, even 15 years later. Wendy's better never change their Frosty recipe!

1 comment:

  1. If Wendy's changed their frosty recipe I think my world would end.

    ReplyDelete